Well, here we are again…another TV year set with plenty of new tv shows. But…new tv shows are the hardest to “Stay Alive.” What do I mean by that…almost half of new tv shows end up getting cancelled…just look at last year’s premieres. Half of the new tv shows that premiered last year have been cancelled after only one season…and some only after one or two episodes. Don’t believe me…here’s a list of new shows last year that were cancelled: Better With You, Camelot, The Cape, Caprica, Chaos, Chase, The Chicago Code, Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, The Defenders, Detroit 1-8-7, The Event, The Gates, Glory Daze, The Good Guys, Hellcats, Law and Order: LA, Lights Out, Live to Dance, Lone Star, Love Bites, Mad Love, Mr. Sunshine, My Generation, The Nine Lives of Chloe King, No Ordinary Family, Off The Map, Outlaw, Outsourced, The Paul Reiser Show, Perfect Couples, The Protector, The Real Housewives of DC, Robotomy, Rubicon, Running Wilde, Same Name, School Pride, Shedding for the Wedding, $#*! My Dad Says, Skating With the Stars, Skins, State of Georgia, Sym-Bionic Titans, Terriers, Tower Prep, Traffic Light, Undercovers, The Whole Truth…and there’s more…I THINK I MADE MY POINT!
Knowing that some “bigger” shows this season are going to be cancelled (announced that it will be their final season…shows like Chuck and Desperate Housewives), there may be room for some of these new shows…but, which ones will last, and which ones are doomed to fail? Here are my top 10 shows that most likely will end up on my cancelled list this year…
10. Suburgatory (ABC) – Anyone else not really understanding what this show is about???? I understand it’s making fun of a certain style of living…but the story just looks week, and unappealing to me. I think that a few of my followers will agree with me on this one. Honestly, I didn’t even know this show existed until I looked up “new tv shows fall 2011.” The promotion for this show is terrible, and I think it will eventually get cancelled…besides, ABC cancelled the most shows last year. Let’s see if they can keep the record alive!
9. 2 Broke Girls (CBS) – Yes this is an Editors’ Pick, but honestly…it wasn’t as good as they made it out to be. After watching the comedy masterpiece, Two and a Half Men, I was REALLY disappointed…and a little annoyed at 2 Broke Girls. I personally will not be tuning in for another round of this show. Kat Dennings plays Max…who is now officially the most annoying new character introduced in the 2011-2012 season. The comedy matchup between Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs (Caroline) is awful, and week…and not to meantion… the acting is terrible too. This show did premiere at an amazing 19.37 million viewers…but I think there will be a drop in viewers after this weeks premiere.
8. H8R (CW) – For those of you who don’t know this…there is a new tv show on the CW that’s pretty much a way for celebrities to defend themselves for their awful behavior. Ya…anyone else not buying this show? Me either…and with the drop of viewers this week, I believe that this show will end up being cancelled. It only racked in 1.08 million viewers this week…which is a huge drop from last week. Plus it’s competing with the X-factor…not good news for this show. I say, this one is doomed.
7. Hart of Dixie (CW) – CW had the least amount of cancelled shows last year…but that doesn’t mean that all their shows are safe. The CW usually only cancels two new shows a year…and unfortunately…I think this one may be the only CW new show that is not safe. The storyline looks good…but will it have the viewers to back it up? We will have to see…
6. Man Up! (ABC) – Anyone else heard of this show??? I certainly haven’t. ABC usually cancels sitcoms after one season…so I think that because this is a new sitcom…and it will probably be competing for survival with “Last Man Standing” (the new show starring Tim Allen)…this one is doomed. This show has no real memorable faces…or “high end celebrity power” that will keep the viewers interested. This show also has not been promoted as much as ABC’s other shows (like Last Man Standing). I think I rest my case.
5. Whitney (NBC) – This show seems extremely over the top…and in a lot of ways, unattractive. The storyline has very little to offer me and other audiences…the couple that they are trying to promote is…well, weird and for me unattractive…and the show just seems to be a “same old-same old” comedy. I feel like I’ve seen this show before…yet it just premiered yesterday. I think that this show may not last, with its lack of originality.
4. Charlie’s Angels (ABC) – Remakes are always on the chopping block…always. It’s really hard to remake such an iconic tv show…and make it better. They certainly did not do that with Charlie’s Angels. What does it have to offer that we can’t already get on other tv shows. Girls kicking ass…umm, watch Nikita on the CW, and you’ll laugh at Charlie’s Angels fight scenes. The cast isn’t even the best looking cast on tv…again, watch CW…their tv shows have the BEST looking people in them…always. I just don’t see this one going far.
3. Prime Suspect (NBC) – Did you guys watch this show last night??? I didn’t either…why? Because this is just another cop show…there is nothing special about this show that I haven’t already seen. Honestly…this is another one of those shows where I was having déjà vu…and I felt like I had seen this series before. It didn’t premier with good ratings either…so I think I rest my case on this one.
2. The Playboy Club (NBC) – Did you guys enjoy the new NBC series, The Playboy Club. I certainly…didn’t. It actually didn’t do as well as I thought it was going to…and with its controversial storyline (and title), I think this show will not attract the viewers it needs to stay alive. I personally will not be tuning in for the next episode…but that’s just me.
1. Free Agents (NBC) – After a decent start, Free Agents fell in viewers…by A LOT! Considering that “Up All Night” (which is the show right before this one) is racking in almost 7 million viewers, this show certainly seems like a flop to me…only racking in 3 million viewers after its second week. I think that of all the shows on the list…this one may be the first to go.